Sunday, February 5, 2012

BTJunkie shuts down.



After the protests against SOPA/PIPA, the current protests against ACTA, the Canadian SOPA of C-11, the new H.R. 1981 Internet snooping bill making rounds though American government, the prosecution of thepiratebay founders, the arrests of 7 Megaupload owners/employees, the take down of Megaupload by the FBI, and the numerous self shutdowns and blocking of upload and file sharing sites, it looks like another big name site is shutting down.

http://btjunkie.org/goodbye.html

This is a self shutdown not a government take down.

Not much is known as to why but its safe to assume that it has to do with everything mention above or someone got to them and made them do it.

Its sad.




23 comments:

  1. I didn't even know that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is what the mynas predicted, the world ending

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm not good at all, this was a very popular site...

    ReplyDelete
  4. no no no no,,, now i am sad. i thought they had escaped by denying the @ latest @ section. . such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's terrible... the same thing better not happen to the pirate bay...

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't use that site myself but that's still not okay. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is pretty damn sad, and I really do mourn the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. man wonder why all this is just happening now... its not like any new laws have passed yet so they went through all the legal costs before just forcfully shutting them down anyway.... dumb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just heard about that site recently, so I'm not going to miss it too much. The voluntary closures are almost as threatening as the bills themselves. It seems to me that the people that run them are very paranoid(with just cause), and are providing an example of how to turn tail and run. I'd like to know of a site that is going to butt heads with the powers that be, just so I can root them on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing all of this. Your blog keeps me up to date with these violations against our rights!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet princess. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never heard of this site but always sad to see sites shut down!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was a user of BTJunkie for a long time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sucks. This makes me dislike the music and movie industries.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Unfortunately, I never used BTJunkie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. R.I.P. BTJunkie...I really wondered, when i discovered this, so sad...

    ReplyDelete