Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Blogger problems


I have been having trouble recently uploading pictures and having them post in the correct sizes. When I upload a picture, I get the usual options to have it as small medium large x-large and original.

Original...that's the problem.

It does not display the original size picture. Its tons smaller then it should be. And I have no idea why its doing that now. This is preventing me from publishing several written guides and the rest of my Infographic series.

I have checked and my web albums are only 1.7% filled, I have looked and messed with the code, I have uploaded to other hosting services and nothing. Nothing works.

If you browse my other posts and Infographics they are all original size or in x-large. Massive pictures in resolution and memory. I cannot for the life of me figure out why its been like this the past few days. And as far as I know there isn't really a limit to size, and if there is it does not explain why my older pictures are fine.

Even when reusing the older pics in a new post, they get slashed to ridiculously reduced sizes. Wtf is going on?

This is by far the worst issue I have with Blogger. Others include how it auto codes for you, poor poor poor. Random font changes, sizes, random double spaces and space between paragraphs and so on.

I went and searched on the web and there are many people with this problem, and I looked at peoples replies on how to fix it and none of it worked. Even went and found some people asking in the Google blogger help sections with out much help from the users there.

If anyone knows what is going on, and how to fix this please let me know. If not then its fine, Ill just wait on publishing my posts and focus on other things that don't rely on on images so much.


Oh well :(

26 comments:

  1. That's uncool, I hope your bugs will be fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea how to fix that, might be something that's been bugged on your account, try asking Google if there's something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not sure, try an alternative though like linking to a photobucket or something in the meantime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did try it with other sites including photobucket :(

      Delete
  4. I have wayyy too many issues with this site as well. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your best shot is to just tell people to open the picture in a new tab. If the picture is bigger than the screen, as in something you have to scroll down to see properly in it's full size, it just won't show that big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the pictures I tried are not even that big to be honest, well under the size of my post body. My older pics worked fine even though to big for the screen.

      Delete
  6. Bloggers driving me crazy with a bunch of crap too! But totally different crap! Hopefully they work out there bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not had this problem thankfully. Have you downloaded anything to your blog lately such as a new widget or anything that could have had some malicious code? If not, have you tried switching to HTML while typing a post and changing the height and width of the photo? I have found that their standard large is not big enough but extra large spills over into my sidebar, so I change my pic size im HTML. Don't know if this helps. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have messed with the code and what ends up happening is either nothing, or the pic goes to full size but its blurry as if the original size was the smaller version

      Delete
  8. no idea
    if find the solution will let you know
    sometimes the problems get solved automatically.
    thanks for sharing problem
    aa Joanne said try to change it in HTML.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How big are the original pics? I find that if the original pics are enormous, it won't display them no matter what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well under the pics I already have posted in previous posts. Its mind boggling.

      Delete
  10. Can't help you either..but do feel free to ask me if you ever have a problem involving zombies or beekeeping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I knew. I like mark's idea. I would definitel open one in a new window, to just continue learning from those sweet infographics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope it gets sorted out soon. I've become semi-dependant on your infographics to learn kinda clever things that make me sound witty to people!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As someone said earlier you should be able to pick any size you want by manually changing it in html. you'll see something like w=100px h=200px If bloggers being weird just change the numbers to what you want. And, as Mark said the best way for readers to view your infographics is to right-click and "open image in new tab" this will give the original resolution regardless of how it looks in your post. If your still having problems with it post an example post and we'll be able to help you more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My code doesnt include width or height parameters just s320 or s800 or s1600 and so on, and even those are random, even on the same pic I noticed. If I change that, or add width and height codes, it makes the pic original size, but its just a blown up version of the smaller one which makes it looks really blurry and pixlelated.

      Delete
  14. sorry to hear that....I haven't had much problems with Blogger lately, of course I havent really been on much either. ha

    ReplyDelete
  15. It always happens. :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ye sometimes some blogger can be a pain in the ass. Never got this problem though, good luck for you on this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Try using the new blogger interface, I do, and you can size the picture exactly how big you want it (at least I can). If not, then idk man.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I could help, but I am not very good with those types of things.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, that is a serious issue! Write at the problem forum for blogger. I've experienced problems with my search widget. It did not work for, how far, 4 months. Apparently it takes a lot of time for google to fix those problems. BTW the problem I am having now is that whenever I subscribe to a blogg, yours for example, it does not show on my followed list. I am subscribed, but there is nothing to notify me about it. :((( I hope they will be clearing your problem as soon as possible, I can imagine how inconvenient it is when posting.

    ReplyDelete